Indiana Man Sentenced to 6 1/2 Years for Fentanyl Trafficking, Gun Crime
FORT WAYNE, Indiana – On May 13, 2026, Neumen Jacobs, 32, of Fort Wayne, was sentenced to 78 months in prison, followed by four years of supervised release, after pleading guilty to distributing 40 grams or more of fentanyl and being a felon in possession of a firearm.
According to documents in the case, Jacobs sold a confidential informant 40 grams or more of a substance containing a detectable amount of fentanyl. Jacobs was also in possession of a firearm after having been convicted of a felony offense.
“Fentanyl remains the country’s deadliest drug threat, claiming nearly 50,000 lives last year. The Drug Enforcement Administration, along with its law enforcement and prosecution partners, will continue to hold accountable anyone who is willing to drive Americans towards the poison of fentanyl. Mr. Jacobs is now being held accountable for his criminal actions, which includes being a felon in possession of a firearm. The Fort Wayne region is safer today with Mr. Jacobs distant and away from the community,” said Assistant Special Agent in Charge Chip Cooke.
“An armed, recidivist drug dealer is going to prison for dealing fentanyl. He forfeited 6 1/2 years of his life because he wanted to peddle poison in our district. Thanks to the combined efforts of the Drug Enforcement Agency, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Fort Wayne Police Department and Assistant United States Attorney Dawn R. Ransom, the Defendant was caught, prosecuted, and sentenced,” said U.S. Attorney Adam Mildred.
This case was investigated by the DEA, with assistance from the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Fort Wayne Police Department. The case was prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorney Dawn R. Ransom.