Drug Enforcement Administration

Washington, DC

Jesse R. Fong, Special Agent in Charge

September 11, 2008

Contact: Public Information Officer

Phone Number: (202) 305-8426

Armed Robber Exiled to 35 Years In Federal Prison

Also Convicted on Gun and Drug Charges

SEP 11 -- (Baltimore, Maryland) - U.S. District Judge Catherine C. Blake sentenced Rahsean Holmes, age 30, today to 35 years in prison followed by five years of supervised release for conspiracy to commit a commercial robbery, conspiracy to distribute narcotics, use of a firearm in furtherance of a crime of violence and drug trafficking crime and possession of a firearm by a previously convicted felon, announced United States Attorney for the District of Maryland Rod J. Rosenstein.

“Thanks to a proactive investigation by state and federal authorities, Rahsean Holmes will not be able to commit any more crimes in Maryland at least until the year 2040,” said U.S. Attorney Rod J. Rosenstein.              

“With Rahsean Holmes exiled for the next 35 years, he will have plenty of time to think about his criminal activities as he grows old in prison,” stated Carl J. Kotowski, Assistant Special Agent in Charge of the Drug Enforcement Administration, Baltimore District Office.

According to testimony presented at his nine day trial, in August 2007, a cooperating informant (CS) working with law enforcement accompanied Holmes in surveilling two residences, one of an individual believed to be a drug dealer in Baltimore, and the other of an Anne Arundel County businessman, in preparation of robbing these individuals. Thereafter and on August 15, 2007, the CS agreed with Rahsean Holmes to break into a hotel room in Baltimore which purportedly contained multiple kilograms of cocaine and drug proceeds hidden there by an alleged drug trafficker known to the CS.  Holmes and the CS met with Terrence Gray, who agreed to participate in the planned robbery.  At Holmes’ direction, Gray gave the CS a firearm to be used during the crime.  Holmes dropped the CS off so the CS could meet with the alleged victim.

Later that day, the CS received a text message from Holmes that he was on his way to the hotel.  Shortly thereafter, Holmes, Antoine Boyce and Gray arrived at the location.  When police approached their vehicle to arrest them, the conspirators drove away.  A 10 to 15 minute car chase ensued through residential neighborhoods of Baltimore City.  Police eventually were able to arrest Holmes and Gray near the car.  Boyce ran away and several witnesses saw him hiding in the back yard of a home, near a child’s playhouse.  Officers recovered two firearms from the yard.  One gun was found leaning on a fence near the playhouse; a second gun was found in the child’s playhouse.  Boyce was later arrested.

Terrance Gray, age 26, of Baltimore, was sentenced on July 17, 2008 to 15 years in prison.  Antoine Boyce, age 30, of Baltimore, was convicted of conspiracy to commit a commercial robbery and is scheduled to be sentenced on October 31, 2008.

United States Attorney Rod J. Rosenstein thanked Baltimore City State’s Attorney Patricia C. Jessamy and Assistant State’s Attorney Christopher Mason, the Drug Enforcement Administration and Baltimore City Police Department, Baltimore County Police Department and the Anne Arundel County Police Department for their assistance in the investigation and prosecution.  Mr. Rosenstein commended Assistant U.S. Attorneys Steven H. Levin and Michael C. Hanlon, who  prosecuted the case.

DEA US Badge
United States Drug Enforcement Administration DEA.gov is an official site of the U.S. Department of Justice