The Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) has created this social media campaign to encourage the use of social media to help us spread the word about Red Ribbon and its message of “Living Drug Free”.
During October, DEA will be hosting and participating in Red Ribbon events throughout the country. Look out for tweets and posts for these special events and participate/tweet/retweet/share as appropriate. Simply use any or all of the sample posts and graphics included in this campaign or create your own posts with photos of you and/or your organization in action during Red Ribbon.
DEA Red Ribbon Kickoff:
Watch DEA’s Virtual Red Ribbon Rally beginning October 1st
Weekly DEA Red Ribbon Themes and Graphics*:
*Graphics formatted for Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
To download the graphics, click on the thumbnail images and then right-click and "Save As..."
Week 1: Raise Awareness (October 4-10)
- Raise Awareness and spread the word about #RedRibbon virtually with your schools and communities. #DEARedRibbon Check out a few ideas at https://go.usa.gov/xG7Cv
- Get the facts about #RedRibbon week and resources to raise awareness about substance abuse and materials to help communities to participate in #RedRibbon. week. #DEARedRibbon https://go.usa.gov/xG7Yr
Week 2: Pledge to Be Drug-Free (October 11-17)
- Make a promise to yourself and those around you to stay drug-free. Take the #DEARedRibbon Pledge today! https://go.usa.gov/xGynW
- Let’s honor #DEA Special Agent Enrique “Kiki” Camarena & others who gave their lives in combating drug trafficking by pledging to live a drug free life! Learn about #DEARedRibbon and take the pledge! https://go.usa.gov/xG7yk
Week 4: Celebrate Red Ribbon (October 25-31)
- Celebrate Red Ribbon Week by wearing red ribbons, participating in community anti-drug events, and pledging to live drug-free lives. #DEARedRibbon https://go.usa.gov/xG7yk
- Learn about DEA Special Agent Enrique Camarena and why we celebrate #DEARedRibbon: https://go.usa.gov/xG7y3
DEA Red Ribbon Hashtags
Share Red Ribbon photos, videos, or pictures on social media. Tag DEA in Instagram and Facebook at @DEAHQ and Red Ribbon using the following hashtags:
#DEARedRibbon: use in all social media posts. Get red ribbon information and resources.
#GoRed4Red Ribbon: use when showing off buildings lit up in red! Find out more.
#DEAScoutPatch: use when highlighting the Red Ribbon activities of Boy and Girl Scouts.
DEA Red Ribbon Resources
Red Ribbon Week offers a great opportunity for parents, teachers, educators, and community organizations to raise awareness of the problem of drug abuse. DEA has created a toolkit of materials to help your community participate in Red Ribbon Week. Use the materials of DEA's Red Ribbon Toolkit to draft social media posts and/or link to resources.