DEA Red Ribbon Social Media Campaign
The Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) has created this social media campaign to encourage the use of social media to help us spread the word about Red Ribbon and its message of “Living Drug Free”.
During October, DEA will be hosting and participating in Red Ribbon events throughout the country. Look out for tweets and posts for these special events and participate/tweet/retweet/share as appropriate. Simply use any or all of the sample posts and graphics included in this campaign or create your own posts with photos of you and/or your organization in action during Red Ribbon.
DEA Red Ribbon Kickoff:
Watch DEA’s Virtual Red Ribbon Rally beginning October 5th
Weekly DEA Red Ribbon Themes & Graphics:
To download the graphics, click on the thumbnail images and then right-click and "Save As. *Graphics formatted for Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
Week 1: Raise Awareness (October 4-10)
- Raise Awareness and spread the word about #RedRibbon virtually with your schools and communities. #DEARedRibbon Check out a few ideas at https://go.usa.gov/xMRvX.
- Get the facts about #RedRibbon week and resources to raise awareness about substance use/misuse and materials to help communities to participate in #RedRibbon week. #DEARedRibbon https://go.usa.gov/xMRvE
Download this graphic (JPG | 226.8 KB)
Week 2: Pledge to Be Drug-Free (October 11-17)
- Make a promise to yourself and those around you to stay drug-free. Take the #DEARedRibbon Pledge today! https://go.usa.gov/xMRvG
- Let’s honor #DEA Special Agent Enrique “Kiki” Camarena & others who gave their lives in combating drug trafficking by pledging to live a drug free life! Learn about #DEARedRibbon and take the pledge! https://go.usa.gov/xMRvz
Week 3: Get Involved (October 18-24)
- Help your community stay drug-free. Use the #DEARedRibbon toolkit for resources to promote Red Ribbon. https://go.usa.gov/xMRvE
- Find out how you and your community can get involved in #DEARedRibbon week. https://go.usa.gov/xMRvE
Week 4: Celebrate Red Ribbon (October 25-31)
- Celebrate Red Ribbon Week by wearing red ribbons, participating in community anti-drug events, and pledging to live drug-free lives. #DEARedRibbon https://go.usa.gov/xMRvz
- Learn about DEA Special Agent Enrique Camarena and why we celebrate #DEARedRibbon: https://go.usa.gov/xMRwZ
DEA Red Ribbon Hashtags
Share Red Ribbon photos, videos, or pictures on social media. Tag DEA in Instagram and Facebook at @DEAHQ and Red Ribbon using the following hashtags:
#DEARedRibbon: use in all social media posts. Get red ribbon information and resources.
#GoRed4Red Ribbon: use when showing off buildings lit up in red! Find out more.
#DEAScoutPatch: use when highlighting the Red Ribbon activities of Boy and Girl Scouts. Learn more about DEA’s Red Ribbon Week Patch Program
#LivingDrugFree or #DrugFreePledge: use in social media posts about pledging to be drug-free or taking the Red Ribbon pledge. View sample student and parent Red Ribbon Week pledges.
DEA Red Ribbon Resources
Red Ribbon Week offers a great opportunity for parents, teachers, educators, and community organizations to raise awareness of the problem of drug abuse. DEA has created a toolkit of materials to help your community participate in Red Ribbon Week. Use the materials of DEA's Red Ribbon Toolkit to draft social media posts and/or link to resources.