October 04, 2016
Contact: National Media Affairs Office
Phone Number: (202) 307-1000
Call For Entries: National Red Ribbon Weekar Photo Contest Starts This Week IPadar And $1,000 To Be Awarded To Top Family & School Entries
WASHINGTON - In an effort to prevent drug use while educating youth, the National Family (NFP), invites families and schools across America to participate in its 6th Annual National Red Ribbon Week Photo Contest. The contest, which is co-sponsored by the Drug Enforcement (DEA), will be held in conjunction with the 31st Annual Red Ribbon Week (October 23-31, 2016). Photo contest entries are accepted until November 2. This year, $20,000 will be awarded to schools in 10 regions across the country and 20 individual/family winners will receive an iPad.
“Students will spread the Red Ribbon Campaign prevention message in their homes, neighborhoods and schools as part of this contest,” said NFP President Peggy Sapp. “Parents and schools can use this fun and engaging opportunity to educate children about the dangers of drug use while they decorate their homes and schools using this year’s theme, “YOLO. Be Drug Free™.”
DEA Acting Administrator, Chuck Rosenberg echoed her comments saying, “We are pleased to support the Red Ribbon Photo Contest.” Rosenberg added, “During Red Ribbon Week, we celebrate drug-free lives and appreciate the commitment of families and educators to promote healthy choices.”
How to Enter:
WATCH the video
READ below -
- Home Decoration Entrants must take an original photograph of a home mailbox, front door or fence decorated with this year’s theme: “YOLO. Be Drug Free.” and a double-looped red ribbon.
- School Decoration Entrants must take an original photograph of a school decoration with this year’s theme: “YOLO. Be Drug Free.” and a double-looped red ribbon.
- Photo entries must be uploaded to Red Ribbon contest website from (12:00 am ET) to (11:59pm ET). You must be 18 years or older to upload the photo and can do so from any desktop or mobile device.
- Ask family and friends to vote for your entry beginning (12:00am ET) to (11:59pm ET); winners will be announced December 2.
- Two winners in each of the 10 (a home decoration winner and a school decoration winner) will receive an iPad. National Family Partnership will also donate $1,000 to the (must be K-12) of the winner’s choice, which was indicated in the original entry. The money is to be used towards drug prevention.
Be inspired: Watch the reaction of one of the previous young Red Ribbon winners for inspiration!
New this year, through a generous donation from ARCpoint Labs, an extra $1,000 prize will be awarded to a school entry with the most votes in one of the over 100 ARCpoint Labs franchise locations across the US. To see if your school is eligible for this special bonus prize, visit the ARCpoint website to find out if there’s a location near you.
THE NATIONAL FAMILY PARTNERSHIP was established in 1980 and is a national leader in drug prevention, education and advocacy. Its mission is to lead our nation’s families and communities in nurturing the full potential of healthy, drug-free youth. Red Ribbon Week is the nation’s largest and oldest drug prevention campaign. NFP created the campaign in response to the 1985 abduction and murder of DEA agent Enrique “Kiki” Camarena. In addition to the Red Ribbon Campaign®, NFP sponsors the Lock Your Meds® Campaign to prevent prescription drug abuse. Learn more about Red Ribbon Week at www.redribbon.org and NFP at www.nfp.org.