FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
February 11, 2008
Contact: Erin McKenzie-Mulvey
16 Arrested in Capital Region
FEB 11 --(Albany, NY) John P. Gilbride, the Special Agent-in-Charge of the New York Office of the United States Drug Enforcement Administration ("DEA"), James W. Tuffey Chief of the Albany New York Police and Robert Forezzi Chief of Department of Fire and Emergency Service announced the arrests of 16 defendants on a number of drug charges.
A six month drug investigation concluded on Friday February 1, 2008 with sixteen Capital Region residents arrested.
The Albany Police Department in conjunction with the New York State Police, Albany County Sheriff’s Department, New York State Division of Parole, the Drug Enforcement Administration, Coeymans Police Department, Schenectady Police Department and the Albany County District Attorney’s Office concluded the six month drug investigation into middle and upper level drug dealers in the Capital Region.
The culmination of the investigation included the execution of thirteen search warrants in Albany, Schenectady, Menands, Watervliet and Coeymans on Friday morning resulting in the seizure of two handguns, $ 7,000, seven vehicles, and a quantity of cocaine, marihuana and ecstasy. The following individuals were arrested as a result of the investigation:
- Ishmael Maye 8/3/79 of 54 Grand Street 2nd floor Albany – Criminal Use of Drug Paraphernalia 2nd
- Chasondra McGill 2/25/85 of 44 Beanau 2nd floor Albany– Criminal Possession of a Narcotic Drug 3rd and Criminal Possess of a Narcotic Drug 5th
- Rayquis Watson 1/17/82 of 15 Eastview Drive Watervliet – Criminal sale of a Narcotic drug
- Nicole Alston 1/25/77 of 95 Second St. Albany – Criminal Possession of a Narcotic Drug 3rd and 5th
- Hakeem Henry 6/24/89 of 1213 Broadway Albany – Criminal Possession of a Narcotic Drug 3rd and 5th, and Unlawful Possession of Marihuana
- Curtis Sanders 3/15/76 of 827 Lincoln Avenue Schenectady – Conspiracy 2nd
- Monique Sanders 4/3/79 of 827 Lincoln Avenue Schenectady – Conspiracy 2nd
- Arkquan Keene 11/25/77 of 95 N Allen St Albany – Conspiracy 2nd
- Dante Lewis 9/9/84 of 54 Morris St Albany – Conspiracy 2nd
- Dwayne Davis 2/13/77 of 51-A Lark Dr Albany – Criminal Possession of a Weapon 3rd, Criminal Possession of a Narcotic drug 3rd & 5th, Criminal Use of Drug Paraphernalia 2nd and Criminal Possession of Marihuana 4th
- Felix Santiago 9/29/82 of 60B Morris St Albany – Conspiracy 2nd
- Tyrone Flanagan 11/26/74 of 45 Central Av Albany – Criminal possession of a Narcotic Drug 3rd & 5th and Conspiracy 2nd
- Demetrios Fantroy 4/20/76 of 16 Clifford Rd Menands – Conspiracy 2nd
- John Jackson 3/13/64 of 346 Madison Av Albany – Conspiracy 2nd
- Kenneth Brown 9/22/68 of 275 Northern Blvd Albany – Conspiracy 2nd
- Shawn Ubrich 1/29/72 of 9 Westerlo St. Coeymans – Criminal Sale of Marihauna 3rd & 5th