News Release
August 21, 2007
Richard Isaacson
(313) 234-4000

Heroin Dealer Sentenced to 3 Years 1 Month in Federal Prison
Illegal Alien Also Subject to Deportation After Prison, Sold Heroin with Street Value of $55,000

AUG 21 -- LOUISVILLE, KY - Omar Robles-Munguia, an illegal alien from Mexico, age 29, was sentenced to 3 years and 1 month imprisonment in United States District Court, Louisville, Kentucky, for six counts of distributing heroin and one count of conspiracy to distribute more than 100 grams of heroin, U.S. Attorney David L. Huber of the Western District of Kentucky announced today. Jennifer B. Coffman, Judge, United States District Court, also sentenced Robles-Munguia to five years supervised release following incarceration. There is no parole in the federal judicial system. Robles-Manguia will be subject to deportation after his serving his sentence.

U.S. Attorney Huber praised the efforts of the DEA Drug Task Force, stating that local law enforcement – here the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office – working with the federal law enforcement works in removing heroin dealers from the streets.

Robles-Munguia had pled guilty on March 15, 2007, to conspiracy to distribute more than 100 grams of heroin and with distributing heroin on July 11, July 25, August 29, September 15, September 21, and October 13, 2006. On these six occasions, Robles-Munguia sold a total of 175 grams (more than 6 ounces) of heroin to an undercover Drug Task Force Officer assigned by the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office to the Drug Enforcement Administration. On September 21 and October 13, 2006, Robles-Munguia, assisted by two others serving as lookouts, sold heroin to the undercover officer. The three men were arrested on October 13, 2006, at the Summit Plaza near Brownsboro Road and I-265 where the heroin was delivered. The two previous heroin deals took place in the parking lot of a retail shopping area near Westport Road and I-265. The total street value of the heroin distributed as part of this investigation is over $55,000.

The case was prosecuted by Assistant United States Attorney John E. Kuhn, Jr., and it was investigated by the Drug Enforcement Administration.