News Release
For Immediate Release:
Contact: Special Agent Tony Pettigrew
Number: 617-557-2138

Participant in Danbury-Area Crack Cocaine Distribution Organization Sentenced to 20 Months in Federal Prison

APR 22 -- Steven W. Derr, Special Agent in Charge of the Drug Enforcement Administration for New England and Nora R. Dannehy, United States Attorney for the District of Connecticut, today announced that PAUL GREISER, 40, of the Oakville section of Watertown, was sentenced yesterday, April 21, by Senior United States District Judge Peter C. Dorsey in New Haven to 20 months of imprisonment, followed by one year of supervised release, for his involvement in a Danbury-area crack cocaine ring.

According to court documents and statements made in court, Aaron Thompson, also known as “A” and “A-Plus,” of Bridgeport, headed a crack cocaine distribution ring that served dozens of customers in and around Danbury. The DEA Task Force investigation, which included controlled purchases of narcotics and court-authorized wiretaps over several telephones, revealed that Thompson regularly obtained large quantities of cocaine, converted or “cooked” the cocaine into crack, and then distributed it to others for street sale.

GREISER regularly assisted Joseph Fonseca of Danbury, one of Thompson’s lieutenants, by driving him to pick up or deliver narcotics.

On January 11, 2010, GREISER pleaded guilty to one count of using a telephone to facilitate the commission of a narcotics trafficking felony. He has been detained since March 1, 2010.

Thompson and Fonseca have pleaded guilty to one count of conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute 50 grams or more of cocaine base (“crack cocaine”). Each awaits sentencing.

This matter was investigated by the Drug Enforcement Administration High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area (HIDTA) Task Force – which includes representatives from the Greenwich, Stamford, Norwalk, Stratford and Bridgeport Police Departments – in cooperation with the Danbury Police Special Investigations Division. The New Milford Police Department also assisted in the investigation.