News Release
For Immediate Release:
Contact: Special Agent Tony Pettigrew
Phone: 617-557-2138

September 24, 2008

Two Men Sentenced in Framingham Crack Case

SEP 24 -- BOSTON, MA - Two Framingham men were sentenced today in federal court for conspiring to distribute more than 50 grams of crack cocaine.

Kevin L. Lane, Acting Special Agent in Charge of the Drug Enforcement Administration - Boston Field Division, United States Attorney Michael J. Sullivan and Chief Steve Carl, of the Framingham Police Department, announced today that BRIAN GREENE, age 24, and TIMOTHY FOSS, age 22, both of Framingham, were each sentenced by U.S. District Judge William G. Young to 11 years imprisonment, to be followed by 5 years of supervised release. GREENE and FOSS pled guilty to conspiring to distribute more than 50 grams of cocaine base on March 14, 2008.

At the earlier plea hearing, the prosecutor told the Court that had the case proceeded to trial, the Government’s evidence would have proven that in 2005 and 2006, law enforcement officers conducted a joint investigation of the drug trafficking activities of a group of crack cocaine traffickers that included each of the named defendants. During the course of the investigation, officers used cooperating witnesses to make a number of controlled purchases of crack from the defendants in which officers observed and recorded.

On the evening of September 22, 2006, Framingham Police officers observed Rashad Ely and FOSS repeatedly going in and out of 447 Hollis Avenue. At 9:50 p.m., they entered the residence to execute a search warrant and seized, among other items, 172 grams of crack cocaine.

In addition, the Government would call seven other cooperating witnesses, including a member of the organization, whose testimony would show that during the period of the conspiracy, Lahashid Santiago regularly provided GREENE, Ely, FOSS and Jonathan Santiago with multi-ounce quantities of crack cocaine which they sold to repeat customers in and around Framingham.

Ely is set for sentencing on September 29, 2008 and Santiago was previously sentenced to 11 years imprisonment.