News Release
February 9, 2007

Bridgeport Man Sentenced to More Than 10 Years for Cocaine Distribution, Violating Supervised Release

FEB 9 -- June W. Stansbury, Special Agent in Charge of the Drug Enforcement Administration in New England Kevin J. O’Connor, United States Attorney for the District of Connecticut, today announced that JOEL McINTOSH, age 41, formerly of 800 Pembroke Street, Bridgeport, was sentenced yesterday, February 8, by United States District Judge Janet Bond Arterton in New Haven, to 126 months of imprisonment, followed by five years of supervised release. On April 19, 2006, McINTOSH pleaded guilty to one count of possession wth intent to distribute cocaine.

According to documents filed with the Court, on January 20, 2006, McINTOSH was making a delivery at Sikorsky Aircraft when a security officer noticed a plastic baggie containing numerous white balls, which were later confirmed to be cocaine, in McINTOSH’s car. Additional cocaine was subsequently found in baggies on McINTOSH’s person. The total net quantity of the cocaine was between 25 and 50 grams.

McINTOSH has a previous federal conviction for cocaine distribution and, in January 2000, Judge Arterton sentenced him to 41 months of imprisonment, followed by five years of supervised release. McINTOSH was released from federal custody on July 16, 2002, and was on supervised release at the time of his January 2006 arrest.

After McINTOSH’s guilty plea on April 19, 2006, he was released after posting a bond in the amount of $100,000. However, McINTOSH was arrested on August 3, 2006, after the Drug Enforcement Administration learned that McINTOSH had continued to distribute cocaine while awaiting sentencing in this matter. McINTOSH’s bond was revoked immediately after his arrest, and he has been detained since.

After considering all of these factors, Judge Arterton sentenced McIntosh to 120 months of imprisonment on the drug charge to which he pleaded guilty, followed by an additional six months of imprisonment for violating the conditions of his supervised release.

This case was investigated by Stratford Police and the Drug Enforcement Administration.

Home Contact Us Site Map