FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 25, 2007
Contact: Joycelyn Barnes
Red Ribbon Kick Off Rally
Educational Entertainment to Promote Drug Prevention
- Approximately 800 fourth and fifth grade students from the San Francisco School District
- Drug Enforcement Administration
- San Francisco Police Department
- San Francisco Safety Awareness For Everyone (SAFE)
- American Cancer Society
- San Francisco Unified School District School Health Programs Department
- United Playaz
- Rally to kickoff Red Ribbon Month 2007, which begins in October. Red Ribbon events began after the March 1985 murder of DEA Special Agent Enrique “Kiki” Camarena. Red Ribbon Week is an annual event celebrated at schools across the nation.
- Wednesday, September 26, 2007 @ 10:00 am (performances to last approximately 1 ½ hours).
- Palace of Fine Arts
3301 Lyon Street
San Francisco, CA
NOTE: ALL media MUST PRESENT GOVERNMENT-ISSUED PHOTO ID (such as driver’s license) as well as VALID MEDIA CREDENTIALS. Media interested in attending the event should be pre-set by 9:45 a.m. All press inquires regarding logistics should be directed to Casey McEnry at 415-436-7994 (office), 408-422-6185 (cell) or Jeanne Allen at 415-436-7814 (office) or 415-850-4875(cell).